Profile
Name: --Jobb--
Age: --20--
From: --SAF--
--Love God. Love Rock. Love Guitar.--
Mini-Bio
fav food --Shark's Fin--
fav drink --No particular--
fav colours --Yellow, Blue, White--
fav game --None--
fav anime --Fullmetal alchemist, Get Backers, Maburaho, Shuffle!--
fav manga --Love Hina, Negima, Kindaichi--
fav book --Bible, The Eleventh Commandment--
fav guitar type --Flying V--
fav Marvel character --Spiderman--
fav genre of Music -- Rock/Metal--
fav Rock Band --Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi,
Bowling for soup, Dream Theatre, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Zappa,
Green Day, Guns n Roses, KISS, Incubus, Iron Maiden,
Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Metallica,Nickelback, Nirvana,
Ozzy Osbourne, Puddle of Mudd, RadioHead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,
School of Rock, Sum 41, System of a down, The Beatles, The Cure,
The Calling, The Darkness, The Killers, The Rolling Stones,
Velvet Revolver etc..--
fav guitarists --Andy Timmons, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci,
John Frusciante, Kirk Hammett, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Sambora, Slash, Steve Vai, Yngwie malmsteen,
Zakk Wlyde, Joey Gaydos Jr.(from School of Rock as Zack Mooneyham) etc--
Church I'm serving in --Hope Singapore--
Monday, September 05, 2005
**TLB (sounds like some vulgar word rite? But it's not)**
Yesterday, I went jamming with Aifang, Eilton, Donovan and Joanne. Aifang was the Acoustic/electric guitarist; Eilton was the drummer, Donovan the rift guitarist and Joanne was the keyboardist/vocalist/drummer. Me? The bassist- TLB (The Lousy Bassist) and electric guitarist( 2 songs only).
The reason why I wanted to jam was because I wanted to be the lead guitarist and do my power solos. But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because David (Jia sheng) couldn't come so I had to be the bassist- TLB. Anyway, I think everyone had fun, although I had not played the electric guitar much. Hey! But I did solos on the bass. Cool Right? haha.
But during the last song, I did a long slow solo, with effects(on the amp). It was cool man, not because I played the solo, but because of the amp- the amp which I wanted to touch ( and thought I would never have the chance to do so). It was the Line 6 spider something, something- The one with 6 different modes (Clean, twang, blues, crunch, Recto, Insane) and 7 effects- Flange, chorus, delay, reverb, tremolo, tech echo and ping pong (dunno what's that). The reverb, chorus and delay sounds really good!!! But sadly donovan don't like it. I think he only like the distortion effect. lol.
Anyway, after yesterday's jamming session- I think bass is really fun, although I'm TLB.
I gonna improve in it and maybe be the NYP bassist. However, I will still stick to playing lead.
Oh yah tell yall something about the jamming place also.
We jammed at Potong Pasir. I strongly discourage jamming at that place, unless you have the money. The room that we used is very expensive, 1 hour $15. So, 2 hours $30. Even divided by 5 people is still very ex!! Moreover, the place is very old. The room is very dark and the echo is very strong (So, it's very deafening). There's also only 1 lousy electric guitar. The 2nd string got problem and get out of tune easily . But good things are the room is big, all the electric guitar amps are good. Donovan's amp is good too (2 very big Marshall amp, stacked up, and with an overhead presets). There's a Fx control also. The drum set has also some enhancement, over it's basic arrangement.
Alright, that's about it.
Shuffled at | 8:42 AM