Profile
Name: --Jobb--
Age: --20--
From: --SAF--
--Love God. Love Rock. Love Guitar.--
Mini-Bio
fav food --Shark's Fin--
fav drink --No particular--
fav colours --Yellow, Blue, White--
fav game --None--
fav anime --Fullmetal alchemist, Get Backers, Maburaho, Shuffle!--
fav manga --Love Hina, Negima, Kindaichi--
fav book --Bible, The Eleventh Commandment--
fav guitar type --Flying V--
fav Marvel character --Spiderman--
fav genre of Music -- Rock/Metal--
fav Rock Band --Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi,
Bowling for soup, Dream Theatre, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Zappa,
Green Day, Guns n Roses, KISS, Incubus, Iron Maiden,
Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Metallica,Nickelback, Nirvana,
Ozzy Osbourne, Puddle of Mudd, RadioHead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,
School of Rock, Sum 41, System of a down, The Beatles, The Cure,
The Calling, The Darkness, The Killers, The Rolling Stones,
Velvet Revolver etc..--
fav guitarists --Andy Timmons, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci,
John Frusciante, Kirk Hammett, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Sambora, Slash, Steve Vai, Yngwie malmsteen,
Zakk Wlyde, Joey Gaydos Jr.(from School of Rock as Zack Mooneyham) etc--
Church I'm serving in --Hope Singapore--
Saturday, March 03, 2007
****
Yesterday marked my last day of exam, last day of school, last day of poly life and the last day of studies (for at least 2 years).
After the exam, I went out together with my usual jie mei clique.. haha.. and with another clique (which i didn't interact much with them for the last 2 years in class). Got to know them more only on the last day of school.
Anw, yesterday, the get-together was supposed to be a birthday celebration for a friend. She's turning 21. It's a birthday celebration in advance. Her actual birthday is on 3 march. The celebration was also quite last minute due to the exam.
We first ate at a restaurant in clarke Quay known as Brewerkz. The food is quite nice and the portions are big. But there's always the price. I ordered BBQ chicken. It's a 1/2 chicken divided into 2 parts. I chose the white cheddar mashed potato to go with the chicken, which was really smooth and aromatic. Oh yea, u can choose butter rice, fries, baked or mashed potatoes. It costs $22.80, inclusive of service tax and GST(5% one). And I broke my record- I actually dined with 10 (ten) ladies for the first time in my life up till now. Mind you, I'm the only guy. HAHAHA.. Jus kiddin. Honestly, I felt really weird.. I dun really know how to react.. I jus kept eating my food and replied only when spoken to.
Thereafter, we went to a pub (but this time with 4 more guys), oso in Clarke Quay. It's called Amber 21. The experience was better than the first time I went. Oh.. This is my second time pubbing and I only went with the sole purpose of celebrating my fren's 21 birthday. The place wasn't as smoky (compared to the place which I first went pubbing at). And I'm proud to say that I din cosumed any alcohol at all during my visit there. I only drank green tea. haha.. I jus dun like the taste and the alcohol and the after-effect of cosuming it.
I also witnessed some happenings there and started to ponder. I saw this lady, clad in a modern kimono kind of top with her make-up leaning towards the jap style and in her mid-20s (i think), laughing happily, drinking and socialising with her frens initially in the pub. However, once she stepped out of the pub, she began crying very badly. After she recovered from crying, she stepped inside again to "enjoy" herself. And again, once she began tearing, she stepped outside. The whole cycle happened a few times. I felt really sad and burden for her life that time. I think she's looking for joy and happiness but it failed. The method is only a temporary one. Each time, she steps out of that happy place, she tears and thinks she can mask and hide the hurt inside her. Or think that once she return to the place, she'll seek happiness from her frens. It's true you can have happiness there cos happiness is reliant on happenings. But she can nv experience true joy cos Joy comes from God. One who is persecuted can still be joyful. Paul (in the bible) demnostrated it well.
There's also another happening of this uncle, mid-life, has white streaks among his grey hair, who challenged my frens and almost every table there to drink with him. He doesn't mind paying for the expensive alcohol beverages alone and I heard from the staff workin there that he can drink 7 bottles of Martells in a day. That amounts to $1200. On that day, no one could hold up to his high liquor holding standard. Some of my frens were semi-concious and unstable.
Again, I felt for him. I started to contemplate whether the reason he came, is to find company and gain a global recognition of a unstoppable liquor benchmark there. I also pondered is that the reason why people go pub- just to find company which is superficial and fake. People only entertain you when you are loaded and recognised for something. But when all these are stripped away, you'll be just nuttin. And that's why I'm so thankful for God and my brothers who dun give a hair whether I'm poor/rich, handsome/ugly, talented/untalented, but accepted me as I am and correct me in whichever area I need to improve.
Shuffled at | 12:16 AM