Profile
Name: --Jobb--
Age: --20--
From: --SAF--
--Love God. Love Rock. Love Guitar.--
Mini-Bio
fav food --Shark's Fin--
fav drink --No particular--
fav colours --Yellow, Blue, White--
fav game --None--
fav anime --Fullmetal alchemist, Get Backers, Maburaho, Shuffle!--
fav manga --Love Hina, Negima, Kindaichi--
fav book --Bible, The Eleventh Commandment--
fav guitar type --Flying V--
fav Marvel character --Spiderman--
fav genre of Music -- Rock/Metal--
fav Rock Band --Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi,
Bowling for soup, Dream Theatre, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Zappa,
Green Day, Guns n Roses, KISS, Incubus, Iron Maiden,
Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Metallica,Nickelback, Nirvana,
Ozzy Osbourne, Puddle of Mudd, RadioHead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,
School of Rock, Sum 41, System of a down, The Beatles, The Cure,
The Calling, The Darkness, The Killers, The Rolling Stones,
Velvet Revolver etc..--
fav guitarists --Andy Timmons, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci,
John Frusciante, Kirk Hammett, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Sambora, Slash, Steve Vai, Yngwie malmsteen,
Zakk Wlyde, Joey Gaydos Jr.(from School of Rock as Zack Mooneyham) etc--
Church I'm serving in --Hope Singapore--
Friday, August 10, 2007
**9th August special**
Yesterday was a great day to begin with, and it's not because it is National day. It's the activities that filled the day. Let me just fill you in heh.
In the morning, I had this Men's Conference. It's for guys only (duh) haha.
It was really fun. The whole event was packed with outdoor activities plus a powerful message at the end of it. The outdoor activities included rock-climbling, tent-making, bowling, dog and bone (with terror haha) etc. Those were the more fun ones.
Man, rock climbing was tough, I tell ya. You require strength, balance and wisdom to select the correct "rocks" to climb. I failed all haha. Maybe I had the strength, but I couldn't balance and kept selecting the wrong rocks. Though once or twice, I managed to choose the right rocks to step on, think you could say it is God trying to comfort me Haha.
Tent making was really cool too. Every team has to construct a tent to house one person inside, using only newspapers and masking tape. After that, it is tested with ping pong balls. The balls has to be able to roll from the top down smoothly. So, with common sense, we chose the smallest (sized) person. And that person is not me! haha It's my team leader. My Co-leader then thought of this very fabulous idea of constructing the tent. We were to erect two tripods and use it as a beam to allow the rest of the newspapers to rest on it. The finally product was cool. It looked just like a tent. Why did I say this cos some tent looked like a tank instead! It is very boxy and the ping pong balls had no chances to slide down. They just stuck at the top haha
The message was simple but relevant too. Men are made to lead and how? (Not the official title - just smth that linked with it)
And oh I have not mentioned the name of the conference. It's called Operation Bear. And since, it's called that, the organizer cleverly used the theme to create the 3 points for the message.
1st point: Bare your heart.
Men are human too. In fact, Adam was the first human. Men need to bare their hearts and be open to people close to them as well. So, make brothers where you can bare your heart truthfully to. Have brother who would ask you difficult questions too- questions that challenge your current lifestyle or behaviour that seems unpleasing to God.
2nd point: Bear hug.
This refers to proximity. It can be done by spending time with one another regularly. Short point, but it's important, nevertheless.
3rd point: Bear with one another.
This is true, especially for guys (who have pride in them). Some brothers (even close ones) may have rubbed shoulders with you or step on your feet by accident, and may not even apologise due to pride. But bear with each other. True friendship is one that has tough times too.
After the conference, I went out with Donovan and Zul. 2 brothers that I seldom hang out with, and finally had a chance to do so! If you are reading this Zul, thanks alot! I've learnt alot from your sharing!! Let your fervent growth with God now stay with you till the end of your National Service.
Finally, after all the activities outside, with my spiritual family, I went home to commune with my physical family.
And my mum cooked Chili crabs!! All big ones and 9 in all!! I finished about 3 crabs. They were really succulent!!! It was just simply delicious but abit too spicy for me. My hands and lips were burning from the heat and spiciness of the crab. Took like an hour before they cool down.
The night ended with us watching 300 (on dvd)! It's my first time watching the show and I really enjoyed it, except for some saucy, cheesy and meaningless parts (Haiz). I had lotsa questions at the start of the show too haha.
Really fruitful day anw!!
Shuffled at | 2:32 PM