Profile
Name: --Jobb--
Age: --20--
From: --SAF--
--Love God. Love Rock. Love Guitar.--
Mini-Bio
fav food --Shark's Fin--
fav drink --No particular--
fav colours --Yellow, Blue, White--
fav game --None--
fav anime --Fullmetal alchemist, Get Backers, Maburaho, Shuffle!--
fav manga --Love Hina, Negima, Kindaichi--
fav book --Bible, The Eleventh Commandment--
fav guitar type --Flying V--
fav Marvel character --Spiderman--
fav genre of Music -- Rock/Metal--
fav Rock Band --Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi,
Bowling for soup, Dream Theatre, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Zappa,
Green Day, Guns n Roses, KISS, Incubus, Iron Maiden,
Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Metallica,Nickelback, Nirvana,
Ozzy Osbourne, Puddle of Mudd, RadioHead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,
School of Rock, Sum 41, System of a down, The Beatles, The Cure,
The Calling, The Darkness, The Killers, The Rolling Stones,
Velvet Revolver etc..--
fav guitarists --Andy Timmons, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci,
John Frusciante, Kirk Hammett, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Sambora, Slash, Steve Vai, Yngwie malmsteen,
Zakk Wlyde, Joey Gaydos Jr.(from School of Rock as Zack Mooneyham) etc--
Church I'm serving in --Hope Singapore--
Friday, September 28, 2007
****
The 1st 2 weeks of BMT had been tough. However, I'm unable to divulge information about SAF, so I'm just gonna type out my blessings. God is indeed faithful!
First. The physical training (PT) was really strenuous. Initially, I could hardly take it. All I did during PT was kept praying for strength, endurance and perseverance to go through it. And God grant it! I went through every tough training that I participated. I was excused from some PT because I sustained 2 big blisters on each of my feet.
Second. God always grant what I ask. I ask Him every night that I'll be able to share Christ to at least one person and I mentioned to God who. The next day, He opened an opportunity for me to share to that person. In all, my entire section knows I'm a Christian, I shared my testimony to my bed buddy (who is also another blessing from God to me), shared my vision and conviction to some of my section mates who are Christian too. That amounted to about 4 to 5 people. Even when I was excused from training, I shared my testimony to those excused personnel too. Think I shared to about 2 people . This was only possible because of God.
Third. At a point of time, I lost focus of God, felt that it was tough to adjust and was very homesick. Then God sent Andrew, Ritchie and other brothers to encourage me. My bed buddy also encouraged me a lot.
Fourth. At another point of time, I was also worried and depressed because I was unable to pass the Rifle stripping and assembling practice. God sent my entire section, especially my bed buddy to help me grasp the correct technique and hit the timing.
Fifth. I mentioned about my blisters. I got them during the foot drill and route march because my boots were too big and I couldn't change them. The Medical Officer (MO) gave me 6 days excuse from shoes and boots. So I couldn't participate for 6 days worth of training. However after 6 days, my blisters were still not healed but I had to resume training. And as advised by the MO, I padded my wound with lotsa sterile gauze till I feel minimal pain and continued with training. The wound would still sting but Praise God my wound didn't tear or worsened!
Sixth. Though I always did not have a good night's rest the previous night (I would always wake up in the middle of the night at least once for no reason), God always energise me the next morning. I would just smile even though I was tired in the morning. And It works! You'll feel more awake.
Seventh. I developed muscles!! haha on my biceps, triceps, quadriceps and 8-pack with just 9 days of training. So you can imagine how tough the PT is. Developing 8 pack and muscles in just 9 days!!! But God pulled me through.
Anw, sorry my SE K800i has some trouble so I'm unable to take picture of my new hairstyle (in which some of my platoon mate say I look like Keanu Reeves.. Laughs!!) and my masculine body hahaha!! Show you all the real stuff next time hahah!!
Shuffled at | 4:42 PM